Sunday, July 12, 2009

Device Drivers in VB/C# .NET?

Perhaps this is an idiotic question...but can you write a device driver in VB or C# .NET? I've read around and it seems possible. If so can you point me in the direction of a few tuts and whatnot? Thanks!

Device Drivers in VB/C# .NET?
I don't think that it's possible - mostly due the fact that C# nd VB need CLR - runtime enviroment that runs above OS. It means two levels of abstruction above drivers layer. Moreover C# will be very slow language to do this. you should check sites with code samples, sourceforge, codesite and so on
Reply:Could you? I have no idea (intuition tells me no). Would you want to? Absolutely not. There is a reason why all drivers are written in low level languages.





And reflecting on this, I would have to say that this is impossible from a technical standpoint.

peony

No comments:

Post a Comment