Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Which one is better: PHP or ASP.NET with (C# or VB)?

I already know Java, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. I know that PHP used by small companies, and most of big corporations use ASP.NET. I also know that more jobs available for ASP.NET.


If any of you like ASP.NET, which language is better and easier to learn with ASP.NET: C# or VB?


I really want to know between PHP and ASP.NET, which one is better in long term. Which one is worth my time for learning it?

Which one is better: PHP or ASP.NET with (C# or VB)?
Learn them all !





In the 20+ years I have been programming I have used as many as 15 different languages. I expect to continue to learn new languages and environments.





Why this many? Technology changes and the flavor of today will not be the one tomorrow. Once you understand basic language structure it becomes very easy to pick up another.





Two courses which helped me greatest in my career were Data Structures and Programming Language structures. Programming Language structures introduced me to a variaty of languages and continues to be of the most use to me.
Reply:I personally feel that VB is easier to start learning than C#. But, since you already know Java, you could start with either successfully. C# is intended to appeal to the Java and C++ community.





Often times the .NET examples are only published in C#, so even VB programmers must be capable of reading C#. Quite often as I am reading sample code I forget which I am looking at because I have been doing this so long. My focus tends to be on classes being used as well as the control structures.





The larger challenge will be learning the ins and outs of the .NET Framework. Personally, I feel learning the .NET Framework is easier than learning the class structures of Java. Java has gone class and interface crazy. .NET is not that extreme, though programmers coming from VB6 will disagree.

peony

No comments:

Post a Comment