Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am BRAND NEW to programming and have to learn Visual C++ .net FAST. Any suggestions?

I have been asked to develop a .net application in C++ .NET application. I have installed a trial copy of MS Visual Studio 2005 and would like to know if anyone knows of a book or resource that can get me up to speed quickly. I work hard and am a fast learner.

I am BRAND NEW to programming and have to learn Visual C++ .net FAST. Any suggestions?
Wow. C++ is the hardest of all the .NET languages, because it can do more. I'd talk whoever this is into letting you do it in C#, which you can learn more quickly.





Part of the problem is that C++ is also built for unmanaged code, has more ability to work with it than other .NET languages - and is primarily used for unmanaged code. Most Windows C++ tutorials will teach you how to do classic C++ with ATL or MFC... and then you'd have to learn to use the Framework, which is totally different.





Sybex's Visual C++.NET book is pretty good... but you'd be expected to have a grounding in C++ already:





http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...





I suppose you could quickly up yourself on C++ For Dummies.... and then move up to Sybex's Visual C++.NET
Reply::D... learn BASIC, it's easy. Then, using your knowledge of that, it should be a little easier to learn visual c++... it worked for me at least. If you don't have time to do that, get a dummies book :D

phlox

No comments:

Post a Comment